The Transvaal Horse Artillery Regimental Council was established on 18 October, 1950.
The objects of the Council are to assist the Regiment in any possible way and in particular to do all things possible to maintain and enhance its tradition, identity and characteristics and to forward its interests, efficiency and welfare as well as that of its members.
The following qualify to be members:
- The Honorary Colonel.
- The Commanding Officer.
- Ex-Commanding Officers of the Transvaal Horse Artillery as well as of units absorbed by it including 7 Medium Regiment and 2 Locating Regiment.
- Any other co-opted persons.
The current active members are:
- Maj Gen RC Andersen (Chairman)
- Maj WJ Agenbag (OC)
- Lt Col (Ret) R Ludeman
- Lt Col (Ret) BD Chalmers
- Col (Ret) IW Rimmer
- Lt Col (Ret) M Dabner
- Maj YAP Pestana
The postal address is PO Box 246, Riverclub, 2149.
EXAMPLES OF RECENT EXPENDITURE IN SUPPORT OF THE THA
Examples of recent expenditure include:
- Restoration of two 13Pdr QF guns.
- A safe for securing the silver of the THA Regimental Council Trust.
- Ceremonial swords.
- Framing of pictures.
- Subsidisation of parades, memorial services and travel
- Various items of traditional dress.
- Support to a member of the Regiment to attend a Memorial Service at El Alamein, Egypt.